Mushroom and Swiss Chard Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Cooking these quesadillas on a sheet pan allows you to make four of them at a time so that you can save time! This recipe is a great vegetarian option that is packed with flavor.
- Author: Seasoned Cooks
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 pound sliced white mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound Swiss chard, stemmed, leaves sliced into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese and 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups total)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms and onions and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes until mushrooms have released moisture. Uncover and cook until mushrooms are well-browned and most of the liquid has evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, pepper flakes and coriander, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chard, cover and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring often, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar. Let the mixture cool slightly, then stir in cheese and cilantro (if using).
- Spread vegetable filling over half of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border around edge. Fold other half of tortilla over top and press firmly to close. Put the quesadillas in a single layer on the prepared sheet with rounded edges facing the center of the sheet. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake about 10 minutes until tortillas start to brown. Flip quesadillas over and press gently with spatula. Continue to bake until crisp and golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes. Let quesadillas cool before slicing into 4 wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Keywords: Sheet pan, Swiss chard, mushrooms, quesadilla